What effects and how to treatment of liver disease ?. The causes of liver disease are the most numerous and the most common disease caused by hepatitis, due to hepatitis and liver disease have a very close relationship. Hepatitis is a disease that initiate the onset of inflammation of the liver.
Hepatitis is not only caused by the presence of various types of hepatitis viruses, some are caused by a toxin or poison, as well as the side effects of chemical drugs, many foods contain preservatives and other chemicals also background liver become inflamed.
Long-term effects depend on the presence of the type of liver disease. For example, chronic hepatitis can lead to:
- liver failure
- Diseases of other parts of the body, such as kidney damage or low blood counts
- Liver cirrhosis
The effects of other long-term may include:
- encephalopathy: deterioration of brain function that may progress to coma
- Gastrointestinal bleeding (gastrointestinal bleeding). These include bleeding esophageal varices, which is an abnormal enlargement of veins in the esophagus and / or withinstomach
- Liver cancer
- peptic ulcers, which erode the layer of the stomach
Some of the highly contagious liver disease and suggests the risk to others. For example, some form of hapatitis is highly contagious through contaminated food and beverages. Other liver diseases such as biliary atresia is not contagious.
Treatment for liver disease include:
- Bed rest
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
- Avoid drugs that do not need
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a balanced diet for liver disease
- Take anti-nausea drugs if needed
Follow-up care depends on the type and extent of disease. For example, treating hapatitis B, hepatitis C and hepatitis D may involve the use of drugs.
Acute fulminant hepatitis can cause life-threatening liver failure. This requires a hospital stay and care for bleeding disorders, encephalopathy, and nutritional problems.
Biliary atresia may be treated with a procedure called a Kasai surgery, a procedure in which doctors replace the bile duct operation with part of small intestine baby.
Hemochromatosis treated by removing 0.5 liters of blood once or twice a week for several months to a year, depending on the severity of his condition. This will effectively spend the excess iron.
Vitamin and mineral supplements are given to prevent complications of primary biliary cirrhosis. These include vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, and calcium. Liver disease can be caused by various factors.