How to cure sinus infection or sinusitis
How to cure sinus infection or sinusitis – dmatxi.com. Sinus is a condition consisting of inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, which may occur due to infection from bacterial, fungal, viral, allergic or autoimmune issues. Sinus infections can cause headache or pressure in the eyes, nose, cheeks, or on one side of the head. Sinus infections are also facing problems such as cough, fever, bad breath and nose with thick nasal secretions. Sine also caused by the flu, air pollutants (allergens), extreme climatic conditions, weakened immune system, stress, dehydration, excessive smoking, nasal bone injury and tooth infections.
Sinus infection further classified into acute, subacute, and chronic. Classification of sinus infections depend on the duration of the condition. Sinusitis Acute (sudden) lasted for less than 4 weeks, sub-acute for about 4-6 weeks, and chronic (long term) sinusitis usually lasts for more than 12 weeks. Other signs include thick nasal secretions yellow or greenish, cough, fever, bad breath, and pain in the upper jaw, fatigue, sore throat, trouble in breathing through the nose, loss of sense of smell and sometimes a burning sensation in the eye. In severe cases, can lead to osteomyelitis sinus infection, brain infection and meningitis.
Symptoms of sinusitis
- Pain and pressure in the face, which increasingly feels worse when you lean forward.
- Nasal congestion with green or yellow mucus, which can flow in the back of the nose to the throat and can cause sore throat and cough
- Headache when you wake up in the morning
- Sore ears
- Toothache or pain in the upper jaw
- Frontal Sinusitis can cause pain just above the eyebrows and forehead with a gentle touch though.
- Maxillary sinusitis can cause the upper jaw, teeth and cheeks to ache and is often mistaken for a toothache.
- Ethmoid sinusitis can cause pain around the eyes and the nose.
- Sphenoid sinusitis can cause pain around the eye, at the top of the head. You also may feel ear pain and neck pain.
How to cure sinus infection (sinusitis)
Drinking hot beverages; One of the best ways to accelerate the sinus is drinking hot tea, black tea, green tea, herbal tea or decaffeinated tea. Drink enough so that your urine turns a bright color. Hot liquids help moisturize the mucous membranes, speeding up the movement of cilia and thus clearing the mucus out of sinuses more quickly. Do not drink hot coffee, because it is almost ineffective.
Warm compresses to the face; Warm compresses to the face three times a day for five minutes. A small towel soaked in warm water, then placed over the face and between the eyes, will help improve circulation in the sinus, which also will help accelerate the movement of cilia.
Clear the sinuses with aromatherapy; To help open the nasal passages and sinus congestion, drop some eucalyptus or menthol oil into a bowl of hot water, then breathe vapor.
Clean the dust from your bedroom; Dust can cause havoc on your mucous membranes, especially when you’re asleep and your cilia to rest.
The way that you can do to treat sinusitis is consult the health professional. ENT doctors will diagnose and take action if it is right to be sick or sinusitis. Because, if sinusitis the disease is delayed until the infection spread to the brain, it can endanger life [various source].