Foods that can reduce stress
Foods that can reduce stress – dmatxi.com. Stress is the pressure that the body burden due to changes in the atmosphere of everyday life. Stress can inhibit the expression of our physical and mental energy as a whole. This results in fatigue produced by excessive mental work (anxiety), which do not rest enough, restlessness, insomnia, irritability, and feelings of depression. All this has an adverse effect of a healthy body, what else on the body is weakened due to chronic infection.
Doctors have long recognized the relationship between stress, feelings of depression, and the onset of the disease through changes in the immune system. Preparation of T lymphocytes, natural killer cells decreased and excessive amounts of toxic substances in the body come together when someone is in chronic stress.
Every time we experience a new condition, your body makes more adrenalin which gives us extra energy to overcome the challenges faced. This energy use stored nutrients in our body. Too much stress will spend the nutrient supply and leave little left over for daily labor. This leads to fatigue, weakness, insomnia, and therefore the stress will increase.
Stressful conditions often make the immune system decline and result in easily become sick, from colds to heart disease. Stress is experienced by almost everyone. Especially to those who often chased by time constraints.
Foods that can actually reduce your stress like warm oatmeal can increase levels of serotonin in the body so removing a sense of calm and comfort. Other foods can reduce levels of cortisol and adrenaline, in which they are a stress hormone in the body over time.
Foods that can reduce stress:
- Foods containing complex carbohydrates. Carbohydrates encourage the brain to make serotonin, causing a sense of comfort, it is better to eat complex carbohydrates that can be digested properly. Good choice as a producer of complex carbohydrates are cereals, bread, pasta, and oatmeal. Complex carbohydrates can also make blood sugar levels stable.
- Foods containing simple carbohydrates. Foods that contain simple carbohydrates, including candy and soda can reduce stress for a short time. Simple sugars contained in them when ingested, will result in high levels of serotonin.
- Foods containing vitamin C. Oranges contain vitamin C a lot, the content of vitamin C can reduce stress. A study shows that taking 3000 mg of vitamin C before a stressful task to make cortisol levels and blood pressure became normal again.
- Foods containing Magnesium. The content of magnesium in spinach regulate cortisol levels. Magnesium tends to wasted from the body when we stress and eat the spinach can adds and levels of magnesium in the body. In addition to spinach, if you are not a spinach lover, magnesium is also found in salmon and soybeans.
- Omega-3 fish. To make cortisol and adrenaline in the body still okay, the consumption of fish containing omega-3, such as tuna and salmon. Thus, in addition to reducing stress, also good for protecting the heart. For maximum results, consume 3 ounces of omega-3 fish twice a week.
Foods known to affect brain function. Some elements of food affect the brain chemical called nerve transmitters (neurotransmitters), which is important for mental and physical readiness, causing a quiet sleep, and reduce feelings of depression.
Relative to eat to reduce stress, an important step is to avoid foods that exacerbate stress and eat anything that will alter your mood, enhance a sense of ease, and add to nutrient supply in the body needed to cope with stress.