Overcome high cholesterol
Overcome high cholesterol by diet managing | dmatxi.com. In this article dmatxi.com will discuss about how to cope with high cholesterol. Cholesterol in the body can cause a variety of diseases. High cholesterol is not only experienced by those who are obese, and thin people does not mean low cholesterol. It can also happen to people who are young. Various age, must try to live a healthy lifestyle in order to keep the cholesterol in the blood remained normal.
In the body there is fat that consists of bad cholesterol called LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) where fat can be attached to the veins. While the good cholesterol, known as HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) is to dissolve the fat content of LDL in the body. Normal cholesterol in the body is 160-200 mg, the buildup of LDL content must be prevented in order to remain in normal circumstances.
Causes of high cholesterol
Causes of high cholesterol, in general most people assume that high cholesterol is only experienced by those who are elderly or those who are obese only. But in fact this high cholesterol disease can be suffered by anyone regardless of age due to an unbalanced diet that became one of the main causes.
Foods that contain cholesterol lots with saturated fat levels would increase levels of LDL cholesterol (low density lipoproteins), triglycerides, and Lp (a) in blood. Saturated fat comes from meat and dairy products that will improve blood cholesterol levels. Some plant oils are also known to have fats saturated high levels such as oils made from coconut and palm. In addition to an unbalanced diet, heredity, overweight (obesity), smoking and less exercise is a common cause of high cholesterol.
Overcome high cholesterol by diet managing
- Reduce consumption of foods with high cholesterol. Examples of foods that contain high cholesterol include beef brain, beef kidney, liver, offal, pork, egg yolks, quail eggs, shrimp, and squid. These foods should be reduced because high cholesterol content.
- Limit your intake of fat from meat. If you want to eat meat, choose chicken skinless or chicken breast portion, beef or lean pork that nonfat and seafood because cholesterol levels are not too high. Eat fish two times a week.
- Limit consumption of duck because the duck meat high in saturated fat, although the fat skin removed.
- Fish that contain omega 3 good for lowering cholesterol. Some examples of fish that contain omega 3, among others, mackerel, salmon, tuna, cod. Besides being able to lower cholesterol levels kinds of fish can also protect the liver.
- Egg yolk is a food that is very high cholesterol content (about 2335 mg/100 g). So limit your intake of egg yolks. Try not to over 4 eggs a week. The egg whites not contain cholesterol, making it safe for consumption.
- Reduce consumption of foods high in saturated fat content such as sausages, roast pork, roast duck, feet or chicken claw, chicken wings, fried foods, foods contain coconut milk, cheese, high-fat dairy, junk food, and pastries.
- It’s good we choose foods that can lower cholesterol values, for example, all types of cereals, all types of fruits, especially grapes, strawberries, oranges, apples, peanuts, walnuts, olives, soybeans, peas, corn, oat bread. Vegetables, especially onions, watercress, leeks, spinach, carrots, avocados, broccoli, cauliflower. Herbs and spices, especially fresh garlic. Expand eat vegetables and fruits, because it is very good for health.
- Peanuts are also good to consume because not contains no cholesterol. Peanuts contain unsaturated fats are actually good for lowering LDL levels. Peanuts also contains phytosterols that can lower the risk of heart disease.
- You can also try drinking onion juice is efficacious to reduces cholesterol, cleanses the blood, helps digestive system, treat insomnia, and regulate the work heart.
- Cook foods to the healthier and low in fat for example by way of steamed, boiled, roasted. If you want to cook food, fried food is okay as long as it is not too often and should be pretty safe to use oil as oils derived from plants such as olive oil, canola oil, sunflower seed oil, and others. But remember, although this type of oil is relatively safe, you still have to limit the amount. Do not use too much oil, because even oils from plants do not contain cholesterol, but of course it contains fat.
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates too. Try not too often to eat foods that are too many carbohydrates. High carbs will increase the production of fat and raise LDL cholesterol.
To determine the levels of cholesterol in the body then we should periodically checks blood cholesterol levels at which this examination will provide data estimates cholesterol levels circulating in the blood circulation, whether high cholesterol or low cholesterol. So that we can carry out preventive measures to prevent the occurrence of degenerative diseases such as heart disease, stroke and variety of diseases associated with veins. There are many ways to lower high cholesterol levels naturally, food is an important thing that can cause high cholesterol.