Causes and symptoms of sinusitis that usually occur
Causes and symptoms of sinusitis that usually occur | dmatxi.com. Sinusitis is an inflammation of the channel that connects the nasal cavity of the skull and eye socket (sinus cavity) that occurs because of allergies, chemicals, cancer, tumors, viral infections, bacteria and fungi. Sinusitis is caused by impaired circulation of air to the outside and into the sinus cavities caused by allergies, chemicals, cancer, tumors, viral infections, bacteria and fungi.
Each sinus has one channel to the nose that allows the exchange between mucus and air. Maxillary sinus are located in the cheeks, etmoid sinus in both eyes, frontal sinus in the forehead and sphenoid sinus on behind the forehead. Sinus producing fluid or mucus useful for cleaning the nasal cavity, a thin layer of moisturizing the nose and throat, helping resonant voice, help balance the head, reduce air pressure changes and humidity.
Causes of sinusitis:
- Such as nasal congestion caused by influenza virus infection when the body is less fit. Infection that attacks around the nose and throat is often spread to the sinuses (cavities around the nasal mucus flow).
- Inflammation of the nasal cavity may also be caused by our way of blowing your nose is wrong. Mucus is supposed to come out instead sucked into the cavity so hard to be issued. Can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi.
- Can also be caused by inflammation elsewhere, in the adjacent eg sore throat, inflamed tonsils, inflammation of the upper molars, sometimes also caused swimming, diving, trauma air pressure.
- Allergies may aggravate the disease, so people who are already suffering from allergies will be more susceptible to sinus inflammation.
Signs of sinusitis
- Pain and distress in the face; Sinuses are cavities in the bones around the nose. If a small cavity is blocked, mucus accumulation will occur so that there will be pain in the face.
- Obstruction and inflammation of the sinuses can also cause the muscles around forehead rose causing headache.
- Out thick mucus; Mucus discharge thick yellow or green are the main signs of a sinus infection. Colored mucus is caused by white blood cells as a sign of the body’s immune system is fighting an infection.
- Swollen nose; Bacteria which breed in the sinus cavity will cause swelling. Although common in nasal swelling salesma or people suffering from flu, the sinusitis usually lasts longer swollen.
Symptoms of sinusitis that usually occur are:
- Runny nose that lasts longer. Usually people do not realize they are affected by sinusitis, because the symptoms are often preceded by a cold that lasts longer so taken for granted.
- When you have a buildup of fluid in the cavity of the head of a pain, especially when he was down.
- Sometimes hearing loss is reduced and fever, while the mucus continues to flow.
- Loss of appetite and sense of smell becomes weak.
If you are suffering from sinusitis then it should be treated immediately. If not, then an infection in one of the sinus cavity will easily spread and infect other vital organs. Location of the sinus cavity very close to the eye, brain and other vital organs in the head. Therefore, knowing the symptoms of sinusitis disease early is crucial.
The most common symptoms are headache, pain around the face and fever. Other symptoms of pale discoloration of the nose, nasal congestion, painful when swallowing and cough. Do not underestimate the signs of sinusitis. If you feel flu signs but does not go away or frequent relapses. Do not underestimate these symptoms, because it could be a sign of sinusitis disease.