Natural ways to get rid of a sinus infection at home. Sinusitis is an inflammation of the channel that connects the nasal cavity of the skull and eye socket (sinus cavity) that occurs because of allergies, chemicals, cancer, tumors, viral infections, bacteria and fungi. Sinus infection is caused by impaired circulation of air to the outside and into the sinus cavities.
Sinus infection can be caused by contamination of the virus that attacks the upper respiratory cavity. Besides sinus infection can also be caused by allergies to air, cold temperatures, animal dander, pollen flowers, dust and also certain diseases or foods.
Early sinus infections may not be too noticeable, as usually the symptoms that appear are very similar to the common cold. However, longer symptoms for more than two weeks can be a serious trigger for sinus infection. The treatment required for sinus infection varies greatly according to the conditions.
Treatment for severe sinusitis should be with the help of a doctor, while treatment of mild sinus infections can be done at home. Sinus producing fluid or mucus useful for cleaning the nasal cavity, a thin layer of moisturizing the nose and throat, helping resonant voice, help balance the head, reduce air pressure changes and humidity.
Causes of sinus infection:
- Such as nasal congestion caused by influenza virus infection when the body is less fit. Infection that attacks around the nose and throat is often spread to the sinuses (cavities around the nasal mucus flow).
- Inflammation of the nasal cavity may also be caused by our way of blowing your nose is wrong. Mucus is supposed to come out instead sucked into the cavity so hard to be issued. Can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi.
- Can also be caused by inflammation elsewhere, in the adjacent eg sore throat, inflamed tonsils, inflammation of the upper molars, sometimes also caused swimming, diving, trauma air pressure.
- Allergies may aggravate the disease, so people who are already suffering from allergies will be more susceptible to sinus inflammation.
Signs of sinus infection
- Pain and distress in the face; Sinuses are cavities in the bones around the nose. If a small cavity is blocked, mucus accumulation will occur so that there will be pain in the face.
- Obstruction and inflammation of the sinuses can also cause the muscles around forehead rose causing headache.
- Out thick mucus; Mucus discharge thick yellow or green are the main signs of a sinus infection. Colored mucus is caused by white blood cells as a sign of the body’s immune system is fighting an infection.
- Swollen nose; Bacteria which breed in the sinus cavity will cause swelling. Although common in nasal swelling salesma or people suffering from flu, the sinusitis usually lasts longer swollen.
There are several tips that can be done to treat sinus infections. Given the treatment of sinus infections by using medicines with chemicals also contain the risk of side effects, the following will be presented are natural tips to treat sinus infections.
Home remedies for sinus infection treatment
Eat healthy foods; There are several types of foods you can consume to prevent and treat sinus infections such as pineapple, garlic, apple cider vinegar, yogurt, and radish. Pineapple fruit is the best food to treat sinus infections because it contains brotelain enzymes that have anti-inflammatory properties. This bromelain enzyme can help reduce mucus and reduce sinus inflammation.
Hot drinks; Hot drinks are the simplest home remedies to treat sinus infections. One easy way to treat a sinus infection is to drink hot beverages such as hot tea such as black tea, green tea, or herbal teas. This hot drink will help moisten the mucous membrane and will help mucus out of the sinus faster.
The bedrooms are clean; Maintain the cleanliness of the bedroom, Sinus infection can be caused by dust around you are inhaled and cause infection in the nasal cavity. So it can not be denied again that the cleanliness of the bedroom is very important to note if you are willing to prevent or treat sinus infections.
Avoiding allergens; In order for sinus infections do not recur in the future, it is better you avoid allergens such as dust, animal dander, cigarette smoke, motor vehicle fumes, medicines and foods that can trigger allergies. Avoid all these allergens while you are in the process of treating sinus infections.
How to get rid of a sinus infection in 24 hours
Drinking ginger water; Ginger is home home remedies for sinus infection treatment. Ginger is one of the natural ingredients that can help cure sinus infection. Ginger contains an excellent natural anti-inflammatory agent that cures inflammation of the sinuses. You can make ginger boiling water that can be drunk.
Mix one fresh ginger into two glasses of mineral water. Then boil until boiling and leaving only one glass. Add one tablespoon of pure honey while still warm and immediately drunk. Ginger will help reduce the effects of inflammation and secrete fluid from the body. Even ginger can reduce the effect of sinus infection is quite bad.
Compressing the nose with warm water; This natural way you can do at home for the treatment of sinus infections. Severe sinus infections may cause the flow of fluid in the nose to be inhibited. This can cause a bad headache. For treatment this can then try to compress your nose with warm water or inhaling steam.
You can pour hot water into a small bowl or pot. Then grab a soft towel or cloth and soak in warm water. After that lift and place on the part between the nose and forehead. You can also do steam therapy just like inhaling steam to get rid of nasal congestion. This will help drain fluid in the nose.
If you are suffering from sinus infection then it should be treated immediately. If not, then an infection in one of the sinus cavity will easily spread and infect other vital organs. Location of the sinus cavity very close to the eye, brain and other vital organs in the head. Therefore, knowing the symptoms of sinus infection disease early is crucial.
The most common symptoms are headache, pain around the face and fever. Other symptoms of pale discoloration of the nose, nasal congestion, painful when swallowing and cough. If you feel flu signs but does not go away or frequent relapses. Immediately practice home remedies for the treatment of sinus infections.