How actions should we do if our children or our brothers child have diarrhea? How first aid we should do if a baby or toddler has diarrhea? Pity if a baby or toddler we are exposed to gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea.
In addition they can not communicate or talk, they could only cry. What causes children so they can get diarrhea? Then how to prevent diarrhea in children? The main aid recommended by doctors for treating diarrhea in children is the provision of ORS.
The cause of diarrhea in children caused by poor sanitation and malnutrition. How do the characteristics of children with diarrhea? Child was suffering from diarrhea can be seen when defecating dilute and more often than usual. Feces child who has diarrhea may contain mucus and blood, depending on the cause of the diarrhea indigestion.
Symptoms that accompany acute diarrhea is the nausea that causes vomiting and fever. Sometimes symptoms of vomiting and fever appear before the symptoms of abnormal defecation.
How result if children with diarrhea never goes away? Diarrhea, nausea and fever causes the child to dehydration because of fluid continues wasted. When not providing help to children diarrhea consequences will be more severe than indigestion diarrhea in adults. If not addressed, dehydration will get worse and cause the child to look whiny, agitated, and even fainting. Eyes look sunken, the lips and tongue dry and tears do not come out while crying.
The main danger of diarrhea is a side effect is dehydration from lack of fluids. Lack of fluids will impact on other body disorders. So we also have to cope with the side effects, then address the cause of the diarrhea. Suppose diarrhea caused by bacteria, then we give antibiotics. If diarrhea because of other things that different treatment depending on the doctor’s diagnosis.
We as parents of the child could only counter the result of diarrhea is dehydration. And of course, immediately consult with a doctor regarding the exact cause of indigestion that occurs in children.
What causes diarrhea?
- Diarrhea is a disease state caused by other digestive disorders, such as salmonella infections, shigella, Escherichia coli, etc.
- Viral infections: rotaviruses, Norwalk Viruses, etc.
- Parasitic Infections: Amebiasis, Giardia
- Anatomical abnormalities: Malrotation Guts, Hirschsprung disease
- Food poisoning, allergens, medication side effects, etc.
What first aid on children and infants diarrhea?
- Give ORS 50 ml / kg body weight for mild dehydration and 100 ml / kg body weight for moderate dehydration, whereas for severe dehydration, intravenous fluids are sometimes needed.
- Each subsequent diarrhea give 10-20 ml / kg body weight
- Stay give children eat and drink or milk as long consume ORS.
First aid is of course to keep the fluid balance in the body. Body fluids not only water but also electrolytes the body needs minerals, usually using a solution of oral rehydration salt. But remember, always giving appropriate doses.
A few articles about first aid on diarrhea children may be useful. Remember always maintain the cleanliness of environmental especially the food to prevent diarrhea in children. Because prevention is better than cure.