Common symptoms and how to prevent heart disease
How to prevent heart disease. The heart is a muscle that pumps blood throughout the body. In a heart attack (myocardial infarction), part of the heart muscle to die when deprived of blood. To stay healthy, the heart needs oxygen and other nutrients carried by the blood. This is obtained through the arteries (veins) coronary, which wrap around the outside of the heart.
Common symptoms of heart disease
Symptoms of heart disease, we can recognize the signs such as shortness of breath, sudden weakness and nausea and vomiting. Therefore you should be able to keep your heart healthy to avoid heart attacks and stroke. Some common symptoms of heart disease that is often felt among others:
- Pain; If the muscle is not getting enough blood (a condition called ischemia), then insufficient oxygen and the result of excessive metabolic causing cramps or spasms. Angina is a feeling of tightness in the chest, which occurs when the heart muscle does not get enough blood. The type and severity of pain or discomfort varies in each person. Some people experience a lack of blood flow can not feel pain at all (a condition called silent ischemia).
- Shortness of breath; Shortness of breath is a symptom commonly found in heart failure. Shortness is a result of the influx of fluid into the cavity of air in the lungs (pulmonary congestion or pulmonary edema).
- Fatigue or tiredness; If the heart is not pumping effectively, blood flow to the muscles during activity will be reduced, causing the patient to feel weak and tired. These symptoms are often mild. To overcome this, the patient usually is gradually reducing its activity or thought these symptoms as part of aging.
- Dizziness and fainting; Decreased blood flow due to pulse or abnormal heart rhythms or because of poor pumping ability, can cause dizziness and fainting.
- Palpitations (heart palpitations).
Tips for preventing heart disease
For prevention there are several things you can do to keep your heart in order to stay healthy. Exercising for at least 30 minutes every day is a good method to help reduce the symptoms of heart disease. Exercise can help optimize the performance of the organ in the body and also maintain weight. Besides physical activity you do during exercise can also reduce stress, which is a major cause of heart disease.
If you are smoker then try to leave bad habits. Chemicals in cigarette smoke can damage veins in the heart, and cause narrowing of veins or commonly referred to as atherosclerosis.
Consumption of low-fat foods. Eat foods that are commonly consumed by vegetarians such as vegetables, nuts, and fruits. Food like this is what makes the heart healthy and can help reduce the risk of heart disease. Saturated fats and trans fats can increase bad cholesterol levels in the body that cause coronary heart disease.
Consume nuts are very good for preventing heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids contained in it is a type of fat may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Such foods can help prevent irregular heartbeat and stabilize your blood pressure. That is why many are sold cereals from whole grains specifically to prevent the symptoms of heart disease. Prevention is one of the best solutions in the face of heart disease by maintaining a good diet.