Foods that are recommended for patients with breast cancer. Breast cancer is a disease that is very scary and dangerous. Breast cancer is cancer that occurs in the breast tissue. This type of cancer usually occurs in women. Although men can also be affected, but the possibility is very small. Treatment for breast cancer is by surgery. Followed by chemotherapy and radiation.
Cancer is not contagious, although some cancers caused by a virus (such as liver cancer, which often occurs in patients with hepatitis, cervical cancer is often caused by human papilloma virus – HPV), breast cancer is not one of them, so it is impossible to catch breast cancer due to exposure contact with the sufferer. Breast cancer is also not transmitted through the bruises, bumps, or similar injuries. Breast size a person also does not increase or decrease the risk of breast cancer.
Recommended food for breast cancer patients
There are some foods that are recommended for regular consumption for patients with breast cancer. Consumption may be only one kind of material or a mixture of several ingredients.
- Wheat; In this case you can consume in the form of wheat cereal with a glass of milk every morning. Each ½ cup wheat equivalent of 10 grams of fiber which is used to lower the level of estrogen in the body. The experts found that high levels of estrogen in the body will be stimulated growth of breast cancer.
- Salmon and tuna; Based on the research, that women who ate tuna and salmon every day, had a risk of breast cancer is very small. Presumably because of the omega-3 content of substances contained in the fish.
- Carrots and spinach; Woman who frequently consume carrots and spinach can also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Yoghurt; In a study using yogurt as a medium, disclosed yoghurt turns can slow the growth of breast cancer cells, especially in considerable amounts.
- Soy milk; Retrieved fact that one of the substances contained in the pure soy milk was found can reduce the risk of breast cancer compared to soybeans processed.
The characteristics of breast cancer;
- Nipple shape changing (could be enter into, or persistent pain), remove the fluid / blood
- Breast feels hot, flushed and swollen
- There is a wound in the breast are difficult to heal
- Hard lump that does not move (fixed)
- Ache / pain (this may pain not be because of cancer, but still had to watch out for)
- Itchy area around the nipple
- There are changes in the breast such as wrinkled skin, irritation, such as orange peel
- The small bumps
- There is a hard lump in the breast
- If the lump is cancerous, initially usually only on one breast
If you feel you have the symptoms mentioned above, immediately went to the doctor to find out for sure whether or not you are suffering from breast cancer. If you know of cancer the earlier, it will be more easily healed.
Doctors have several ways to diagnose breast cancer. Most of this type of cancer is with a biopsy (taking a bit of tissue, for examination under a microscope by a pathologist) is the only way to determine with certainty the diagnosis of cancer. So the symptoms of breast cancer is not enough.