Inhaling steam to get rid of nasal congestion
This is home remedies to get rid of nasal congestion by inhaling steam | dmatxi.com. In this article will discuss about inhaling steam to get rid of nasal congestion. Inhaling steam will relieve respiratory blocked by mucus. The nose is part of the upper airway that has many functions.
Function of the nose of which is as airway, regulating temperature and humidity of air entering through the nose, the body’s defense against micro-organisms that passed through it, helping the process of talking and as the organ of smell / olfaction.
To ensure the functions are going well, then it should be ensured smooth air through the nose. Obstruction in the channel will cause interference to the functions of the nose. There are many factors that can lead to nasal congestion, these factors can be derived from the nose or from outside the nose.
Nasal congestion will be very disturbing especially at night. Nasal congestion at night will disturb your sleep. Mucus that many will blocked your nose, so that interfere with breathing. To make sleep more comfortable, you should immediately reduce the mucus in the nose.
Medicines to treat nasal congestion you can use, but not instantly relieve in a short time. Especially if you want to get to sleep but mucus in the nose makes nasal congestion. This home remedies will relief nasal congestion.
Factors that cause of nasal congestion:
- Anatomical abnormalities
- Foreign body
Nasal congestion although there is no fluid (mucus) from the nose. This can happen because the cause of nasal congestion is not the result of too much mucus in the nose that is hindering the flow of air into the nose, nasal congestion, but complaints arise from the dilation of veins in the nasal cavity resulting in swelling of the tissue that lines the nasal cavity.
This swelling that blocks the flow of air to get into the airway. When the veins return to its original size, then the swelling will disappear and complaints congestion can disappear by itself. But to treat the occurrence of nasal congestion at night so as not to disturb your sleep.
At the time of having the flu. many people often have a stuffy nose that had to breathe through the mouth. But in normal conditions should not be too often breathe through the mouth because it can be harmful to health.
In a short breathing through the mouth can cause dry mouth, bad breath and makes sleep less soundly. But if you constantly breathe through the mouth, it can be more severe and dangerous to health. Can interfere with breathing through the mouth of the tonsils and adenoids, so that will make you more miserable because of a dense sinus causing further blockage of the upper airway.
How to relieve severe nasal congestion
- Warm bath can help to treat nasal congestion. Water vapor or inhaling steam can pass through the nose and relieve it.
- Keeping the body hydrated at all times. It can indirectly alleviate the irritated nasal passages and prevent sinus blockage. You can drink warm water to remove toxins from the body and relieve nasal congestion.
- Elevate your head with an extra pillow while sleeping. This will allow the trapped mucus in the nose to get out. In addition, it is also quite effective to make your sleep time is not compromised because of difficulty breathing.
- The best way to prevent nasal congestion is to drink warm lemon water. This healthy drink also helps you maintain immunity. Especially if added with honey.
- Tea is the most natural way and the safest way to tackle congestion. Vapors given off by the plants will help soothe irritation in the nasal passages. Herbal tea is also used to thin mucus and nasal drainage repair.
Inhaling steam to treat nasal congestion
One way of best treatment using home remedies is inhaling steam, cheap and without complications. To thin the mucus in the nose cavity and relieve the congestion. You can inhaling steam to relieve nasal congestion. Especially if the nasal congestion at night during sleep.
How to do inhaling steam to treat nasal congestion is to cover the head with a towel to form a tent while inhaling the steam in the bucket. This method is also useful for melting mucus in the chest. Bathroom with steam hot water shower can also help you to treat nasal congestion.
Flu and colds will be very disturbing to your day. Breath can be disturbed and cause shortness of breath. The cause of nasal congestion due to fluid resulting from the nose. Too much mucus will make your nose clogged. In addition to an inhaler for relieving breathing, home remedies such as inhaling steam will greatly help relieve nasal congestion.