How to prevent hernia
How to prevent hernia | dmatxi.com. Actually, a lot of people who know about the early symptoms of hernia, but often do not realize it. At first, the symptoms experienced by the patient is complaint in the form of a lump in the groin. It will usually arise when standing, coughing, sneezing, straining or lifting heavy items. Lumps and pain will disappear when the patient was lying.
Hernias can be dangerous when it occurs clasps hernia contents by hernia ring. The veins in the area will eventually die and there will be accumulation of toxins. If allowed to continue, then the poison will be spread throughout the abdominal area which can cause infection in the body.
Types of hernia according to its location:
- Hiatal hernia is a condition in which the esophagus (throat tube) down, passing through the slit diaphragm called the hiatus, so most of the stomach protrudes into the chest (thorax).
- Epigastric hernia occurs between the navel and the bottom of the rib cage in the midline of the abdomen. Epigastric hernia is usually composed of fatty tissue and rarely contain intestine. Formed in the abdominal wall is relatively weak, these hernias are often painless and can not be pushed back into the abdomen when first discovered.
- Umbilical hernia develops in and around the umbilicus (navel) caused an opening in the abdominal wall, which normally closes before birth, does not close completely. If a small (less than one centimeter), this type of hernia usually closes gradually before the age of 2 years.
- Inguinal hernias are the most common hernia occur and appears as a bulge in the groin or scrotum. Inguinal hernias occur when the wall of the intestine through the abdominal grown so down through the gap. If you feel a lump in the abdomen is soft, small, and maybe a little pain and swelling, you may be exposed to this hernia. This type of hernia is more common in men than women.
- Femoral hernia appears as a bulge in the groin. This type is more common in women than in men.
- Incisional hernia can occur through post-operative abdominal wound. This hernia appears as a bulge around the belly button that occurs when the muscle around the navel does not close completely.
- Hernia nucleus pulposi (HNP) is a hernia involves the spinal discs. In between each vertebra there is a shock-absorbing intervertebral discs and improve elasticity and mobility of the spine. Because the activity and age, intervertebral disc herniation occurs that causes a pinched nerve (sciatica). HNP generally occurs in the lower back at the three lower lumbar vertebra.
Prevention of hernia
The first step to prevent a hernia is to know the cause. Hernia arising from congenital abnormalities and the effects of aging can not be prevented. Hernias can occur when the thin muscle wall insulate / wrap organ to pressure beyond its capacity.
- Use proper lifting techniques. Always use legs, not your back muscles to lift. Wear a support brace when doing heavy lifting activities.
- Tell difficulty urinating doctor. Chronic urinary difficulties can cause a hernia. The cause difficult urination should be determined and treated by doctor.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Avoid constipation by eating plenty of fiber, drink plenty, and immediately to the toilet when want to pee
- Exercise regularly.
- Stop smoking. Poor oxygenation due to smoking can cause muscle damage and muscle weakness are the main target hernia development.
To note, the public can only detect external hernia, due to internal hernia occurs in the body and is difficult to detect. Detecting the presence of hernias in adults are also infinitely easier than in infants. When urination for example, adults can feel the bulge in the abdomen that is generally more pronounced. But in infants, although there was an uncomfortable in his body, he could not express it clearly.
That’s why hernia in infants is more difficult to detect and require precision parents. Although it is difficult, look and Touch sections groin or the navel of the baby. External hernia generally be known from the emergence of a bump in that section.