Cause sudden fainting
Conditions of the body which can cause sudden fainting | dmatxi.com. At the time of the unexpected, sometimes a person experiences a sudden fainting, this condition can certainly make our panic. Virtually anything that can make people pass out suddenly? Fainting is a condition of the body which a sudden loss of consciousness due to lack of blood flow to the brain. Usually occurs when a person experienced fainting and weakness followed by loss of consciousness.
Most of fainting triggered by the vagus nerve, the nerve that connects the brain and the digestive system to manage the flow of blood to the intestines. When the food came, the vagus nerve will redirect blood to the stomach and intestines and pull from other body tissues including the brain.
Unfortunately, the vagus nerve is sometimes too eager to draw too much blood to the brain that can make blood pressure drop due to the effects of the vagus nerve and lead to fainting. Fainting (syncope) is losing consciousness suddenly, usually only a few seconds or minutes, because your brain is not getting enough oxygen.
The brain has several sections, including the two hemispheres, cerebellum, and brain stem. The brain requires blood flow to provide oxygen and glucose into the cells. For your body remain conscious, an area known as the reticular activating system located in the brain stem must live, and at least one hemisphere of the brain must function. Fainting occurs when the reticular activating system, or both hemispheres of the brain is deprived of blood, oxygen, or glucose.
Condition of the body that can cause sudden fainting:
- Reaction of the vagus nerve; Fainting mostly triggered by the vagus nerve that connects the brain to the digestive system and play a role managing the flow of blood to the brain and gut. Overstimulation of the vagus nerve slows the heart rate and lowers blood pressure, thereby reducing the blood supply to the brain that causes fainting. Stress, fear, anxiety, panic, and pain that can powerfully stimulate the vagus nerve.
- Changes in blood pressure; Changes in blood pressure can cause fainting. Sometimes, the heart and veins do not react quickly enough when the body’s oxygen needs change. It is very common in the elderly and in people who have certain health conditions, like diabetes. Fainting can occur when standing for long periods or work harder than ability.
- Anemia; Anemia (deficiency of red blood cell count) can cause fainting because not enough red blood cells to supply oxygen to the brain. Anemia can be caused by a lack of iron intake, disease or bleeding (eg, excessive menstruation).
- Dehydration; Lack of fluid in the body (dehydration) also can cause fainting. Dehydration can be caused by vomiting, diarrhea, fever, sweating, burns or lack of drinking. Some diseases such as diabetes can also cause dehydration due to too frequent urination. Vomiting and diarrhea, in particular, also stimulates the vagus nerve so that the double effect.
- Shock; Shock is a condition characterized by low blood pressure which can lead to loss of consciousness. Shock is a dangerous state of emergency that usually comes from bleeding, but also can come from severe allergies (anaphylaxis) or severe infections. Shock victim usually look confused, before losing consciousness when his condition worsened.
- Hypoglycemia; Lack of blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can make you fainting. Hypoglycemia is not only caused by diabetes, but also because you are not eating for a long time.
Before you fainting, you usually feel dizzy, the room such as spinning, nausea, and cold sweats. You may also experience blurred vision or hearing whistling. If you feel like going to fainting, lie down. If you are unable to lie down, sit and squat down by putting your head between your knees. This helps blood flow to your brain. Wait until you feel better before trying to stand up. When you stand up, do it slowly.
Do not underestimate the fainting, though people will soon recover quickly and spontaneously. According to doctors, this condition can be caused by various health problems. This is conditions which can cause sudden fainting.