Causes and how to prevent of diarrhea in children under five
Prevent of diarrhea in children under five
How to prevent of diarrhea in children under five | dmatxi.com. During his hospital stay, the doctors usually give nutrition through the IV to keep the child gets nutrition and fluids that are useful for recovery. Giving oral rehydration salts as first aid in children with diarrhea has been known since the first.
Basically diarrhea is self-limiting disease, which is feared from diarrhea is dehydration, so parents should know about the prevention of dehydration and signs of dehydration in children with diarrhea. Infants and under five with diarrhea needs more fluids to replace body fluids lost through the feces and vomit. Giving proper fluid with a sufficient number of primary capital to prevent dehydration. Fluids should be given little by little with the frequency as often as possible.
A common cause of diarrhea in children under five:
- If only liquid stools without blood, the diarrhea may be due to a viral infection.
- Meanwhile, if the child had a fever, poor appetite, abdominal bloating or cramps, presence of blood or mucus in the stool accompanied foul odor, then it indicates a bacterial infection or parasital.
- Children eating foods that can interfere with digestion in the intestines such as eating too spicy or too sour.
- Children eating foods containing artificial sweeteners in large quantities.
- There are also several factors that can cause diarrhea in infants such as lactose intolerance so that each consuming milk, children are always diarrhea.
- Consuming medications that can cause diarrhea such as laxatives, drugs for heart burn, antibiotics, products that contain magnesium. The bacteria that commonly cause diarrhea such as Clostridium difficile usually occur after taking antibiotics.
- Exposed to camphylobacter and E Coli bacteria that makes children food poisoning.
- Stress that affects digestion can also cause diarrhea. So after stress or anxiety passed, diarrhea in children under five stops.
Types of diarrhea
Diarrhea is divided into two types of acute diarrhea and chronic diarrhea. If the type of acute diarrhea lasts for 2 weeks, otherwise the type of chronic diarrhea can reach more than 2 weeks.
How to prevent of diarrhea in children under five
Diarrhea can be prevented only by clean living habits. Since diarrhea are generally transmitted through drinks, food, feces, flies and dirty hands, the hygiene and the environment around us who is the key to prevention. With a clean life, we can also prevent the spread of typhoid, salmonellosis, malaria, plague, dengue fever, tetanus, leptosprirosis, and various other diseases.
Prevention of diarrhea should be taken seriously. Not only because diarrhea is a very serious illness and disease can be transmitted. Sufferers will quickly lose fluids that are needed by the body. A baby can lose as much as 3 kg of weight in just two days.
The disease should be dealt with immediately and in a soon as possible. This is why this disease should be prevented as much as possible so as not to cause other diseases. In adults, diarrhea that come repeatedly could be an indication of a very serious disease that is being suffered. For example, HIV-AIDS disease acute and even chronic, can make sufferers often suffer from diarrhea.
If the diarrhea has been repeated, that’s a sign that the HIV-AIDS sufferers be prepared with a variety of other diseases worse. This can occur because of HIV AIDS has no resistance or immune nice again. Endurance they have been devastated by the HIV AIDS virus.
In addition to disease caused by the HIV AIDS virus, a disease associated with colon cancer can also cause chronic diarrhea sufferers. Same with HIV-AIDS patients, cancer patients who have had diarrhea many times. Usually children with diarrhea only about 2-3 days. Consult a doctor if diarrhea lasts more than 4 days.