Causes of upper abdominal pain during pregnancy
Although pain in the upper abdomen during pregnancy is common, but it can also be an indication of a serious problem. Therefore, it is very important for pregnant women to find out about issues such as preeclampsia, cholelithiasis, contraction, etc., which may cause pain in the upper abdomen during pregnancy.
Although abdominal pain in women during pregnancy often leads to the lower abdomen, it is not uncommon for women to experience pain in the upper area. For some people, it can also be a symptom of a health problem. Therefore, it is very important for women to know about the relationship between pregnancy and upper abdominal pain.
Cause of abdominal pain during pregnancy
– Contraction, sometimes pregnant women may feel the contraction in the second and third trimester of pregnancy. This is a result of the tightening of the muscles of the uterus for a very short duration. Usually disappears in some time, but if it still persist, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
– Ectopic pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy occurs when the embryo outside the uterine cavity. In most cases an ectopic pregnancy, implantation occurs in the fallopian tubes. However, it can also occur in the cervix, ovaries or abdomen. If observed, might look bleeding and other complications resulting from the rupture of ectopic pregnancy. This condition poses a threat to the lives of women and requires immediate medical intervention.
– Miskraam, many women who experience miskraam in the first few months of pregnancy. If a woman feels pain in his stomach followed by weakness and bleeding, consult a doctor immediately.
– Preeclampsia, a major cause of this pain is preeclampsia that occurs during the second or third trimester. This occurs when a pregnant woman suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure. This disorder causes changes in veins, and affecting certain organs of the body including the kidneys, brain, and liver. It also can have a negative impact on the placenta.
– Gallstones, the gallbladder is a small organ that stores bile, which helps to break down fats in the body. Therefore, this organ plays an important role in the digestion of fat. But during pregnancy, these organs are not working effectively, so that the bile may form gall stones or cholelithiasis.
– Kidney infection, this condition cause pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen and pelvic area, but if the infection spreads to the kidneys, a person may experience pain to the upper abdomen as well.
– Appendix, a woman can also feel acute pain in the upper stomach during pregnancy because of appendicitis caused by an enlarged uterus. Even so, it is difficult to detect problems appendicitis during pregnancy. It can be fatal if not treated in time. Therefore, if you feel any pain in the stomach, it is better to take him to the doctor immediately.
During pregnancy, the body undergoes rapid changes in a short time, including abdominal pain. Therefore, it is not easy to decide whether the changes that occur in your body is normal or not. That is why, it is best to seek help from a medical expert.