Effective ways to overcome insomnia – dmatxi.com. Sleep disturbance or insomnia could actually disrupt the body’s cycle. Even prolonged insomnia can trigger depression.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder characterized by symptoms such as always feeling tired and exhausted all day and on an ongoing basis (more than ten days) had difficulty sleeping. Or patients often lie awake at night and can not go back to sleep. Often the patient woke up earlier and could not go back to sleep.
Causes of Insomnia:
- Psychological factors; Prolonged stress is most often the different causes of chronic insomnia type, while the bad news may be the failed plans cause of transient insomnia.
- Psychiatric problems; Depression is most often found. Wake up earlier than usual, which is undesirable from the beginning of the most common symptoms of depression, anxiety, neorosa, and other psychological disorders are often the cause of sleep disorders.
- Physical pain; Shortness of breath in people who have asthma, sinus, nasal congestion that flu can be a cause of sleep disorders. During a physical cause or physical pain that can not tackled, sleep disorders or sleeplessness will keep happening.
- Environmental factors; Noisy environments such as jet trajectory environment, railway tracks, factories or even a neighbor’s TV can be a factor causing sleeplessness.
- Lifestyle; cigarettes, coffee, weight loss medication, irregular working hours, can also be a factor causing sleeplessness.
Tips that can help people with insomnia to be falling asleep:
- Lying in bed when really wants to sleep. But try at the same time when going to bed.
- Do not use the bed for activities other than sleep. Other activities such as reading, watching TV, eating, phone. Habit of using the bed for other activities make it a habit to wake up when lying in bed.
- Attach an alarm to wake up at the same time. Regardless of the duration of sleep at night.
- Try not to nap.
- Do not consume coffee or beverages containing caffeine or caffeine-containing medications a few hours before bedtime. Because caffeine is a stimulant, can increase the heart rate so the body can be up all night.
- Do not smoke a few hours before bedtime. Cigarettes contain nicotine which can improve morale because it affects the neurostimulan.
- Exercise 6 hours before bedtime. Isometric exercise or walk for 20 minutes. This will increase your metabolism and body temperature, and then will decline approximately 6 hours later the effect on deep sleep.
- Provide a transition time to sleep by reducing the level of activity before bedtime, will remove the anxiety of unfinished work, and other thoughts tomorrow. Do activity with calm and relaxed.
- Cleaned up before bed, make sure the door was locked, and adjust the lighting, in order to feel safe and comfortable while sleeping.
- Make sure no bright light or noise can disturb sleep and make sure the room temperature comfortable.
- Hungry or after eating a lot can inhibit sleep. However if you feel hungry you should eat small meals or drinking a glass of warm milk it is appropriate to address this issue.
If all the above tips have been done, but still suffer from insomnia. Ask your doctor to ensure basic health problems (such as depression, anxiety, hyperthyroidism, heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that trigger you to stay awake.
So, you can request one of several types of prescription sleeping pills that can be consumed in the short term. Insomnia is not a disease but a symptom that has many causes, such as emotional disorders, and physical disorders.