Causes of lower left side abdominal pain in women. In this article dmatxi.com will summarize the causes of the onset of pain in the lower left abdomen in women.
Abdominal pain is a common complaint experienced by many people, and the complaint can be experienced by people of all ages.
Abdominal pain can be caused by many things, it could be due to an inflammation of the abdominal muscles as well as the problems that occur in the intestines, or other organs contained within the abdomen.
Lower left abdominal pain symptoms vary widely, ranging from mild to very severe, occurs suddenly or even ongoing. Given the reproductive organs ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus were in the lower left abdomen, then lower left side abdominal pain can be experienced by women.
The occurrence of disease or infection in these organs can cause constant pain especially in the lower left abdomen. Here we try to summarize the causes of lower left side abdominal pain in women.
Causes of lower left abdominal pain in women
- Ectopic Pregnancy; A pregnant woman can of course be experienced mild abdominal pain in the lower left abdomen, this is due to the dilation of the uterus. The pain is only mild and comes occasionally, but if pain is severe and persistent, is suspect as an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancies are pregnancies in which the fetus grows outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. If you feel this, immediately consult a gynecologist.
- Endometriosis; This womb disease, usually pain intensified along with the arrival of menstruation and can cause lower left abdominal pain.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease; disease also can cause lower left abdominal pain.
- Diverticulitis; disease occurs in the large intestine and will cause pain in the lower left abdomen. The disease is often found in people aged 60 years and over.
- Hernia; Hernia can occur pain because pinched intestinal. Often early symptoms of hernia in the form of the pain triggered by movement or activity that causes the body’s pressure inside the abdomen increases, but has not been seen on the surface of the abdominal wall. Can arise due to heavy lifting or coughing long. When exposed to the hernia should be careful, because if pinched intestinal, the colon can be damaged and had to be cut. Hernias can occur in the left or right, in case of the left it will cause pain in the lower left abdomen. These patients usually have no previous hernia, but when pinched will cause great pain. Patients should immediately to a specialist surgeon, do not wait long.
- Bladder infections; bladder infection often experienced by women than men. Many are caused by bacterial infections. Symptoms can include fever is not too high, pain during urination, burning with urination, or urination for a few moments. Also accompanied with lower left abdominal pain or in the bottom middle.
- Kidney stones; This is more common in men, but there are also women who experience it. Lower left abdominal pain is very sick. It’s called colic pain. Usually arise as a result of kidney stones will come out, but stuck in the ureter (the tube from the kidney to the bladder). This is what causes severe pain in the lower left abdomen or right because there are two kidneys, on the left and right. When this happens immediately to the ER.
- Gastroenteritis (diarrhea); Of course, diarrhea can cause lower left abdominal pain or even across the abdomen. May be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, or abdominal cramps. Plenty of drinking water if diarrhea, and rushed to the hospital, because it was feared would happen dehydration.
- Food poisoning; food poisoning can also cause pain in the lower left abdomen. Moreover, it can cause nausea, vomiting or diarrhea and fever. Symptoms usually occur for 24-48 hours. For some cases, need to be hospitalized.
Thus the explanation of the causes of lower left abdominal pain in women. When severe and continuous pain, seek immediate medical help. Hopefully this article about the causes of lower left side abdominal pain in women can be beneficial.