Several things can cause abdominal pain
Several things can cause abdominal pain. In this article we will discuss about causes of abdominal pain. Abdominal pain or stomachache can be caused by many things, though impressed trivial, but sometimes this pain is a sign of a serious illness. Abdominal pain can occur for a while, intermittent or appear at certain times only. Each disease would have the early symptoms.
Sometimes symptoms of severe illness as mild disease. You need to know to distinguish between diseases that eventually can heal itself with the disease should be considered as soon as possible. In most cases, abdominal pain can be easily treated.
Abdominal pain that occurs before meals and after meals can be assumed to be as stomach ulcers. If the pain occurs when you are eating, it is likely gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), or problems with the gallbladder or pancreas.
Sometimes can also occur abdominal pain on the lower left side. Causes of abdominal pain are more serious problems may include veins, intestines, aorta (arteries that distribute oxygenated blood from the heart to the body), gallstones, intestinal obstruction, infection, or cancer.
Things that can cause abdominal pain
- Gallstones; Gallstones form in the gallbladder, the stones cause swelling and block the intestinal tract causing pain. Gallstone pain tend to attack the right side of the upper abdomen, especially after eating fatty foods because it triggers the gallbladder to contract.
- Pancreatitis; Inflammation of the pancreas can cause burning pain in the upper abdomen or middle, some people even felt shooting pain to the back. Usually people lean forward or supine sleeping to reduce pain, nausea and vomiting.
- GERD; Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) causes pain in the upper abdomen and lower chest or pain in the gut. The reason the valve that separates the stomach from the esophagus is weak so that food and stomach acid can rise to the top. Eating too much food or fatty foods can aggravate the situation.
- Lactose intolerance; generally caused because the body can not take lactose is the sugar found in dairy products. Usually causes mild stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea, belching, gas and indigestion.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (diverticulitis); inflammation occurs in the pouch that forms in the lining of the colon. Symptoms include cramping in the lower abdomen and usually high-fiber diet can help.
- Endometriosis; condition occurs when cells from the lining of the uterus that do not grow in its place. Usually characterized by pain, irregular bleeding and infertility. Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose and often requires referral gynecologist and pelvic ultrasound.
- Appendicitis; Appendicitis is more common in children and young adults, usually begins with pain in the middle abdomen and growing to the lower right abdomen. If not removed can rupture.
- The wound in the stomach; presence wounds or ulcers in the stomach and duodenum (first part of small intestine) is a major cause of abdominal pain. Pain usually affects middle upper abdomen and sometimes occurs after a meal. Wounds in the duodenum sometimes wake up at night due to illness.
- Food poisoning; condition can be caused by food poisoning caused by viruses or bacteria, usually causing abdominal pain accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting. In rare cases, food poisoning can be serious.
Pain in the abdomen is not classified as an acute disease, but abdominal health can affect the of your activity. That bit of information about the cause of abdominal pain, may be useful.