How long does it take to get rid of canker sores naturally? Many things can cause canker sores, such as vitamin deficiency, bite wounds, to food. Canker sores makes us hard to eat, sometimes it is difficult to talk. Known as thrush or stomatitis is an inflammation of the mucosal lining of the mouth.
This can be caused from several factors, such as stress, sores in the mouth, food allergies, menstrual cycle, taking antibiotics or too much acid. Areas that could be affected by canker sore, including the cheeks, gums, tongue, lip and palate. In addition canker sore it can also cause bleeding, swollen and reddened.
American called this canker sores, while in British called mouth ulcer. Canker sore can heal without medicines, or you find home remedies for canker sores. You can use natural ingredients for treatment of canker sores on your mouth. Natural ingredients such as salt, baking soda, papaya, garlic, etc.
The cause of canker sores
- Canker sores can appear due to lack of nutritional bodies such as vitamin B12, vitamin C, and iron.
- Inadvertently mouth bitten. For example when you eat while talking then there is mouth or tongue that bitten.
- Too much spicy food. Starting from spicy chips, sauce, fried foods, spicy vegetables, and much more.
- The use of toothpaste and mouthwash are incompatible with the mouth.
- Less maintenance of oral and dental hygiene, especially after eating.
- Certain clashes that cause injury in the mouth.
In addition to the four causes of the above, there are also other things that supposedly can cause canker sores like less to maintain oral hygiene, the installation of braces or dentures and also the consumption of food or hot drinks. There are several home remedies to get rid of canker sores that you can try.
Home remedies to get rid of canker sores:
- Salt water; Gargling with salt mixed with warm water three times a day can heal canker sores quickly. Salt content can attract fluid of the canker sores so as accelerate healing.
- Yogurt; Yogurt helps balance the bacteria in the mouth and body. This will speed healing and help prevent canker sores. To feel the results, make sure the yogurt contains live acidophilus.
- Garlic and papaya; Rub with garlic and papaya. Apply directly to the canker sores can also accelerate the healing process. Use raw garlic, papaya or tea bag directly on the canker sores.
- Raw papaya; Raw papaya contains a high enough antiseptic compound that can kill germs in canker sores. However, try not to use excessive papaya, because the sap can lead to the emergence of tartar.
- Baking soda; Mix baking soda with water is used as a mouthwash or paste to coat the canker sores. Baking soda will help remove bacteria in the mouth and reduce pain.
- Turmeric; The content of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds in turmeric is believed to be very effective for the treatment of canker sores naturally.
- Take vitamins; Studies show thrush is more common in people who lack vitamin B. Vitamin C, iron and folic acid also plays a role in prevent and treatment of canker sores.
Above are the ingredients for home remedies for canker sores that are easy to find around you. However, if treatment of canker sores that have never had an effect for up to 2 weeks or more, then you should see a doctor. This is a sign of a more serious condition that needs to be overcome.
How to treatment of canker sores
How to treatment of canker sores? The proper way to do in the treatment of canker sores is to know the cause of canker sores. But the regulation of food intake can also help, such as avoiding crunchy foods. Try to use a soft toothbrush and maintain healthy mouth and teeth.
If you are a user of braces or dentures, ask your doctor to check it out when you’re visiting to ensure that no significant problems. Canker sores usually goes away by itself after 4 days, but if not go away should seek medical help, especially if caused by a bacterial infection that requires antibiotics.
Actually canker sores can be prevented by maintaining the cleanliness of the mouth and teeth properly, regular dental examination and set a good diet by reducing the foods that can trigger irritation of the mucous lining of the mouth. Maintaining the cleanliness of the mouth and teeth properly.
Besides the prevention of canker sores can also be done by avoiding the occurrence of trauma or impact such as brushing your teeth gently, do not rush when chewing food, and do not talk while eating. In addition use canker sores medicine, home remedies to get rid of canker sores also effective.